Contribute knowledge and information to Fossiel.net!
How can I help?
Most Popular Museums
Museum of Paleontology Rome, Italy
Liaoning fossil and geology park Yizhou, China
The Iguanodon Museum Bernissart, Belgium
Westfälisches Museum für Naturkunde Münster, Germany
Naturalis, Dutch National Museum of Natural History Leiden, The Netherlands
Museum Henri-Lecoq Clermont Ferrand, France
Crystal Museum Borculo, The Netherlands
Back to the Past Museum Puerto Morelos, Mexico
Sangiran Early Man Site Gemolong, Indonesia
Museum of Minerals, Rocks and Fossils from the Ardennes Bogny Sur Meuse, France
There are now 553 museum locations available.
Worldwide there are many interesting museums where you can learn a lot about fossils, minerals and geology. Some museums can even help you with the identification of your finds. Below is an overview of museums with a description of the collection. The pages with location descriptions also contain maps and photographs.
Missing a museum? Please fill in the Museum form!
GreeceNote! Only locations are shown on the map when you have viewing rights.
- Athene, The Zoological Museum of the University of Athens
- Athens, Museum of Palaeontology and Geology
- Axioupoli, Natural History Museum Axioupoli
- Heraklion, Natural History Museum of Crete
- Ialisos, Stamatiadis Mineralogy and Paleontology Museum
- Kifisia, Goulandris Natural History Museum
- Kifissia, Gaia Centre Kifissia
- Kozani, Folklore and Natural History Museum of Kozani
- Mitilinii, Samos Paleontological Museum
- Ptolemaida, Paleontological Museum of Ptolemaida
- Sigri, Natural Histrory Museum of the Lesvos Petrified Forest
See also the Geological map of Greece.